Thursday, July 29, 2010

FOREWORD

Finally, I have completed my first blog, hope you all try to cook from the recipe that has been provided. By attempting to experiment you win half the battle. Thank you Savita for posting your comment, I am happy that someone has at least has read my blog and commented. Indeed life gets dull when we lead a very predictable life. I hope to continue with my quest to cook and blog at the same time.

Many of my friends have asked me “Why the name Pressure Cooker Diaries”? I would like to answer that question with 2 events of my life.

Life is very fast for most of us, with work and other responsibilities that keep on hovering over our heads. We are basically like a pressure cooker waiting to let out steam when the situation gets out of hand. So writing about the events and experiences in turn eases our minds which are very important in today’s day and age. Doing things that are not related to work helps in clearing our minds from the usual hula-boo. Cooking in turn helps me in getting that peace of mind.

Anyhoo, The second event on how I arrived to the name is actually from the revolutionary Che Guevara of Latin America. I was once wiki-ing on the great legendary Che and found out that he used to travel the length and breadth of Latin America with his friend on his motorcycle. He was a doctor and he used to treat people of all color, race and all along Latin America. He wrote a book about his travels which was called “The Motorcycle Diaries”. I don’t think I will be as great as he was but I wanted to write about the voices in my head and my experiences about things I liked, disliked etc. So when I came to Qatar from Saudi, I found out from my cooking partners that they used to cook everything using Pressure Cooker as it was a faster medium for cooking. It was a new idea for me and in turn gave me this new idea of writing about my culinary skills using the Pressure Cooker. So the name was christened as “The Pressure Cooker Diaries”. I hope to add many more recipes with my Pressure Cooker escapades.

I am planning to cook Palak Paneer coming Friday. So wish me Luck!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Wish u Luck. I m happy that my friend is blogging. A great way to pass on some message.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmmmm... palak paneer!!! one of my fav's... would love to read more of your blogs.... happy blogging and cooking :)

    ReplyDelete